ALL ABOUT DOGS and CATS Resource Center for Canine & Feline Lovers
Pet Friendly Travel
Many dogs enjoy swimming, as
seen at this popular Dog Beach. If
you take yours swimming in the
ocean, rinse the salt out of their fur
as soon as possible.
Pet Etiquette For beaches and parks.
1.Know the dog beaches and park's rules, and follow them. Always keep your dog leashed when there is a
2. Keep your dog on the leash until you're on the beach or inside the park's fenced area.
3. Never leave your dog unattended, even in an off-leash dog beach or park.
4.If using an official off-leash area, your dog needs to be well-behaved and must listen to your verbal
commands. Maintain voice control over your dog at all times.
5. Do not let your dog visit with other beach-goers or dogs, unless welcomed.
6.If your dog starts to play rough, leash him or her and leave the beach or the park immediately.
7.Don't bring toys that dogs could fight over.
8.Keep your dog's vaccinations up-to-date.
9.Never bring a female dog in heat to a dog beach or park.
10. Always clean up after your pet by using a poop bag or pooper scooper.
11 .If your dog has to be on a leash all the time, don't bring him to an off-leash beach or park. This creates
problems both for him and the other dogs.
12. A dog beach or off-leash park is not a great place for small children. These are places for dogs to run
freely. Keep your child out of the way.